Sunday, November 9, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful to the Lord so so much, and thankful to Trevin Wax at Kingdom People for writing these words to help me express my gratitude.

Father Almighty,
as I look back on your work in my life over the years,
I cannot help but be overcome with gratitude
for your mercy and providence.
You have blessed me with Christian family and friends.
You have given me a place to serve your people.

Forgive me, Lord, for often failing to thank you.
Forgive me for the times I have tried to write
the story of my life apart from your will.
My stubborn will and relentless pride
stand in the way of following in in the steps of your Son.
And yet you have redeemed and renewed me
and taken away my guilt and shame.
Help me to live in light of your work in me,
remembering who I am in Christ,
and trusting in you to carry on the work you’ve begun in me.
Thank you for saving me and keeping me in your love,

In Jesus’ name,
Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment