Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Two-Armed Preaching

I have always seen preaching under the metaphor of a man with both hands outstretched; one arm reaching back to the Word of God and one reaching out to the audience, with the goal of bringing the two together. However, I spent most of my time and efforts on the arm and hand that reach back to the Word, and not as much on the other hand. I came to perceive that I had a major strength gap in my two arms and need to work on strengthening the weaker one, the one reaching out to people.

Others may have strength in the people arm, but relative weakness in Scriptural knowledge. It is great to be a good communicator, but you must also have something worthwhile and true to say.

What the world needs is more two armed preachers of the Gospel of Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment