Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Blogotional: Real Change

John Schroeder writing at Blogotional: Real Change says that what the world needs to see is not churches that are structured differently, or are "cool," but simply churches that act like the church!
If there is a change we need to make in the church, perhaps it is to restore the wisdom of age. Real progress could be made if the hard learned lessons of one generation were made available to the next in a way that permitted progress instead of relearning. When I was in school I did not have to discover acid-base chemistry for myself, it was taught to me so that I could use it to advance science to the next level.

In the church sometimes it seems like all we ever do is teach people how to make the same mistakes we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment