Monday, April 18, 2011

How to Be "the Right Kind of Christian"

Love this quote.  This cannot be said to often!
I’ve known a lot of Christians in my life. I’ve known them to pursue many different courses. Sadly, I’ve known too many who diverged from the narrow way.

I’ve known Christians who went seeking for spiritual gifts, but they lost their focus on Jesus and fell into error.

I’ve known Christians who went seeking for spiritual experiences, but they failed to test their experiences against the Scriptures and drifted away from truth.

I’ve known Christians who went seeking for spiritual authority, but they thought too much of themselves and became prideful and unteachable.

I’ve known Christians who went seeking for spiritual service, but in their busyness, they forgot whom they were serving, and their actions went for nothing.

On the other hand…

I’ve known Christians who went seeking for Jesus above all, and they not only found Him in abundance, but they received spiritual gifts, experiences, authority, and direction for service.

If Jesus is our all, He is faithful to make all of what is His ours.
From Christians I Have Known–And How to Be the Right Kind | Cerulean Sanctum by Dan Edelen

Right on, Dan, right on!

2 comments:

  1. That is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We seem to think opposite of the way God thinks. We look for and try to find so many "things" not realizing that God has provided all these "things" if only we seek Him. He gives all that He knows we need. We need only Him and He provides all the rest. Praise Him!

    Thanks for your post :)

    ReplyDelete