Monday, December 8, 2008

The Journeyman's Book Review Policy

A few weeks ago I discovered that Christian publisher Thomas Nelson offers a free book policy for bloggers. As stated on their website: “Join Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers today! Any blogger can receive FREE copies of select Thomas Nelson products. In exchange, you must agree to read the book and post a 200-word review on your blog and on any consumer retail website.”

Of course, a bibliophile like me could not pass up any offer with the words “free books” in it. I signed up, and will soon be posting my first book review as part of this program.

This provides a good opportunity to post a policy on book reviews for this blog.

1, If I review a book under the Thomas Nelson review program I will explicitly say so.

2. If a review does not state that I received the book from the Thomas Nelson program, then you can assume I’m just talking about it because I especially liked, benefited from and agreed or disagreed with the book.

3. I will give my honest opinion of any book reviewed, positive or negative, whether it was received from Thomas Nelson or not.

4. I will be glad to interact with readers in the comments section of the blog on any book I review.

No comments:

Post a Comment