Monday, December 1, 2008

Interesting Series on Book of Revelation

Rick Ianniello has been doing an interesting series at his blog on The Book of Revelation and his "journey to ammillenialism." Here's the links:

ammillenialism
progressive parallelism
Revelation 20:1-3
the presence of the future
Revelation 20:4-6
the resurrection
two ages
inaugurated eschatology
future eschatology
amillennialism and the tribulation
implications of amillenialism

I've always heard that the best way to drive up church attendance for one Sunday is to announce a sermon on either sex or the Book of Revelation. However, those are also the best subjects to cause controversy and church splits! Can you say "Seven Day Sex Challenge"? The only time I taught on Revelation, all the little ole ladies showed up with their graphs and charts, and I didn't match their charts. Made for an interesting time.

Bet this ups your blog traffic Rick! You've waived the red flag at the charging "end times" bulls.

Update 12/03/08: Rick's got an amil chart!

2 comments:

  1. Barry - the internet is a weird things ... somehow I missed this post years ago ... under the guise of better late than never - thanks for the links

    :)

    I was wondering why my blog traffic was so high ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me driving up your blog traffic? That's like saying if I mentioned Britney Spears I'd drive up her google hits! ;)

    ReplyDelete