Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another Healing Testimony

Here's the latest report from our church plant in California - a healing testimony from my good friend Chris Self. Chris is assisting Duke Lancaster in planting Southbay Vineyard Church in San Diego. That's him and Jan, his lovely wife, in the picture. Here is Chris's praise report.
On the afternoon of October 28 I suddenly began to feel really disoriented and very sick. Shortly after arriving home I began passing a lot of blood. I mean A LOT OF BLOOD!! We called the paramedics who rushed me to the hospital, amazed I was still conscious because of the amount of blood I lost.

A colonoscopy revealed that I had an enlarged prostate on my left side. We were told that it wasn't common to have just one side enlarged and that "when that happens - the chances are better than 90% that the patient is dealing with a cancerous condition". Needless to say, that really frightened us. Someone had tossed the "C" word at us.

On top of that, it wasn't the cause of the bleeding...we still didn't know why I bled so much. I passed blood more than 30 times over the next two days. One of my nurses even said "you shouldn't have lived through that much blood loss".

Well, we got a diagnosis of Diverticulitis for the bleeding issue. Diverticulitis is fairly common and treatable with a change in eating habits and exercise routine.

But we had some time to wait for the results of my PSA test to come back and confirm the cancer. Well during that few weeks, we did what we always do---begged for prayer from you guys.

We got the results back last Thursday and I'll end this by saying that God doesn't place as much value on percentages as we do!!! The doctor said that not only did my test fall well withing "normal" range - he couldn't even find any swelling in my prostate at all!! I asked him what the chances of that were. He said a prostate just doesn't decide to swell up and then swell back down again without some medication at least. Then he asked me if I was a praying man. Of course, I told him I absolutely was.

Interestingly enough, if I had not bled the way I did - I would have never stumbled on to this issue with my prostate. The doctor's conclusion about the bleeding was "maybe that was God getting you to me so he could heal your prostate".

Cool perspective huh?

Amen, Brother - Really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment