Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Best Book I Have Ever Read

Speaking of books (see previous post below), yesterday at Zach Nielsen's site Take Your Vitamin Z I saw this quote from one of the greatest (and most life-changing) books I have ever read- J.I. Packer's classic work Knowing God.
If you want to judge how well a person understands Christianity, find out how much he makes of the thought of being God’s child, and having God as his Father. If this is not the thought that prompts and controls his worship and prayers and his whole outlook on life, it means that he does not understand Christianity very well at all.
Everyone should read this book at least once in their life, and I think it's about time for me to read it again. I cannot overemphasize how good this one is, or how much it can change your life if the truths written therein grip your heart. Or, perhaps I should say, if the God written about therein grips your heart!

So what are you waiting for - Get a copy!

No comments:

Post a Comment