Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Another Trip Around the Sun


Today is my birthday (53, for those who wonder). I am thinking this morning about some words written by one of the great philosophers of my generation - Jimmy Buffet.

Hear 'em singing Happy Birthday
Better think about the wish I made
This year gone by ain't been a piece of cake
Every day's a revolution
Pull it together and it comes undone
Just one more candle and a trip around the sun

Chorus:
I'm just hanging on while this old world keeps spinning
And it's good to know it's out of my control
If there's one thing that I've learned from all this living
Is that it wouldn't change a thing if I let go


(Lyrics to "Trip Around the Sun" by Jimmy Buffet, from the album "License to Chill").

Of course, I'm also thinking a bout a cheeseburger in paradise, but that's another story.

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!
    I wish I could post as much as you! Until then... (until I finish med school...) I may just have to enjoy reading your posts instead.

    ReplyDelete