Friday, February 13, 2009

Time for What Matters

From a few days ago at A Place For The God-Hungry here's a great list of things for which there is Just Enough Time for What Matters

Today, I realize just how valuable time really is.

1. I don’t have time to waste on things that don’t matter. I have plenty of time for the things that count.
2. I don’t have time to get moody, self-centered, and irritable. I do have time to love my wife and children.
3. I don’t have time to wallow in the past over what might have been. I do have time to focus on what God wants to do in my life today.
4. I don’t have time to play self-importance games (Whom do you know? What kind of house do you live in? What have your kids accomplished? What are you driving?). I do have time to build up others and forget myself.
5. I don’t have time to coddle worldly, immature Christians whose idea of church is getting their way. I have plenty of time to love fellow Christians who may have various opinions.
6. I don’t have time to be a peacemonger (doing whatever it takes to keep others from getting upset). I do have time to be a peacemaker (loving people no matter what).
7. I don’t have time to play it safe and never risk the possibility of discomfort. I do have time to trust God who has promised to never leave me or forsake me.
8. I don’t have time to whine and blame others for being obstacles. I do have time to take responsibility for my own actions and behavior.
9. I don’t have time to complain and focus on the negative. I do have time to speak a word of hope to people who are overwhelmed by heartache.
10. I don’t have time to settle for the mediocre. I do have time to be passionate about what matters most to God.


No comments:

Post a Comment