Friday, February 27, 2009

Recent Reads & Good Books

What I've been reading the past few weeks:

The Prodigal God by Tim Keller: Best book I've read in many years. There are more deep insights per page in this book than there are M&M's in a jumbo bag. I highly recommend this book and intend to read it over and over.

Paul: Apostle of the Heart Set Free by F.F. Bruce- A classic work which I've never gotten around to reading until now. There is a reason why it's a classic.

Mad Church Disease by Anne Jackson - New book on recognizing and overcoming ministry burnout. Good stuff! She has a good website / blog also.

Everyone Gets to Play by John Wimber - A collection of essays and articles by the late John Wimber on ministry and his philosophy that every Christian gets to play - no one left on the bench. Good reminder for me of the foundational principles of why we do what we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment