1. I am preoccupied with ________.Whatever you fill in the blanks with (other than Jesus) might be your idol. In other words (to borrow a phrase from the redneck jokes), "you just might be an idolater if..." And remember, idols can be good things. Good things, made into ultimate things, become bad things.
2. If only ________, then I would be happy.
3. I get my sense of significance from ________.
4. I would protect and preserve ________ at any cost.
5. I fear losing ________.
6. The thing that gives me greatest pleasure is ________.
7. When I lose ________, I get angry, resentful, frustrated, anxious, or depressed.
8. For me, life depends on ________.
9. The thing I value more than anything in the world is ________.
10. When I daydream, my mind goes to________.
11. The best thing I can think of is ________.
12. The thing that makes me want to get out of bed in the morning is ________.
A lot to think (and pray) about here!
Hat Tip: Jared at The Thinklings: