Saturday, October 25, 2008

The Post-Charismatic Journey

At "Kingdom Grace" this week I read an interesting review of Strange Fire, Holy Fire, a book by Michael Klassen.
This book by Michael Klassen is a well-written and interesting addition to the post-charismatic library. With a fair combination of critique and validation, the author expresses the desire to bring balance and maturity to both the beliefs and practices of charismatics.
............................
Michael presents topics relevant to the charismatic movement in easy to digest chapters. While not an indepth study of the issues, the chapters provide enough points of background and scripture to begin the process of reflection and discussion for those interested in examining their charismatic practices.

Has any one out there read this book? How about the similar book Post-Charismatic by Robin McAlpine?

If you have read these books please leave some comments. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. I have read both. Post-Charasmatic? is a more detailed look at the history of the charasmatic beliefs. It would be read by the serious reader. Strange Fire, Holy Fire would be for many of my friends who are exiting the Charasmatic Institutional scene and wondering what was real and what was not. Two great books. Two different readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input.

    I have ordered a copy of Post Charismatic from Amazon, and may get Strange Fire, Holy Fire also. I can be both kinds of of the two types of readers which you describe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got my copy of Post-Charismatic in the mail yesterday. Plan to read it in the next few weeks (have two other books ahead of it on my reading list). Will blog about it after I finish it.

    ReplyDelete