Thursday, October 2, 2008

10 Reasons Not to Panic

I like this post by Steve Murrell at the reluctant leader: 10 Reasons Not to Panic, Despite the Wall Street Meltdown. Good stuff to remember.
Here are my top 10 reasons not to panic:

10. Because God, not Wall Street, gives the ability to produce wealth.
But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today. - Dt 8:18

9. Because of God’s covenant promise to Abraham
But you have said, ‘I will surely make you prosper and will make your descendants like the sand of the sea, which cannot be counted.’” - Gen 32:12

8. Because God has plans to prosper His people
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. - Jer 29:11

7. Because God rewards those who are kind to the poor
He who is kind to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will reward him for what he has done. - Prov 19:17

6. Because God blesses generous people
A generous man will himself be blessed - Prov 22:9

5. Because if we give to the poor, we will lack nothing
He who gives to the poor will lack nothing, but he who closes his eyes to them receives many curses. - Prov 28:27

4. Because God provides so we can be generous
You will be made rich in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God. - 2Cor 9:11

3. Because God does not forsake the righteous
I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread. - Ps 37:25

2. Because God takes care of tithers
Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in my house. Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that you will not have room enough for it. -Mal 3:10

1. Because God promises to meet all my needs
And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus. - Phil 4:19

No comments:

Post a Comment