Monday, June 30, 2008

Revivals: God in the Midst of the Junk

Quotes below are excerpts form a very good post at Revival Blog entitled We Can All Use A Little Sharpening. From what I know, and based on what I have heard from folks who have been there, this sounds about right to me. The Spirit is moving, and God is there, but in the midst of some junk.
I support Lakeland. I believe God is in it. But that does not mean that everything that is proclaimed from the pulpit is rhema word. There have been a number of predictions that were flatly wrong. Those of us in prophetic ministry know that people miss it. Mature prophets will admit that there was some sort of error and try to seek how they got it wrong, or at least use it as a teaching point to show that no one person has cornered the market in hearing from God.......
____________________________________

In truth, there is a fair amount of goofiness happening in Lakeland. From decrees and mantles to predictions and prophesies that are really not more than words. I know some are scared to recognize this for fear it will give “them” ammo, but I always tell my disciples that in a time of turmoil stand and speak the truth and let the chips fall where they may. Jesus is alive......
____________________________________

The fact of the matter is that since the earliest recorded history, when God does something, it stirs up all kinds of dust and that usually clouds people’s vision. Wherever you stand on Lakeland, don’t miss what God is doing. He is probably uncovering more than what you see at first light.
The whole article is well worth reading. Keep praying for true revival that glorifies Jesus to sweep the land - and "while on others you are calling, do not pass me by!"

No comments:

Post a Comment