Monday, June 23, 2008

Pastor Bloggin Tips.

I recently read Ten Tips for Pastors who blog from Mark Batterson at Evotional.com. Mark pastors National Community Church in Washington, DC. I like this one:
Life is too short and the Kingdom Cause is too important for the sideways energy of negativity! In my opinion, too many blogs try to stir up controversy. And it's almost always someone who has a very small readership. A blog is not a license to go negative or take potshots.
I have a very small readership (if any) but I certainly will not choose negativity as a way to get readers. Having a blog is not the same as being influential. Being influential comes from having something to say, and saying it well- whether in a blog, a sermon, a book or face to face. Mayber I'll get there someday, bu in the mean time the journey is enjoyable!

No comments:

Post a Comment