Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Lakeland Testimony

The testimony below comes from a friend of mine who attended the Lakeland Renewal meetings last week. I am quoting her words (with permission) from an e-mail circulating on our church's prayer chain. the only thing I have changed is to remove the names of the author and her family.

------------------
"The Lakeland, FL Healing Revival continues to be broadcasted live every night on GODTV to millions of people all over the earth. As a result revival is breaking out in countries and cities everywhere. Thousands are being saved, healed and now there are 19 reported raisings from the dead!!! GOD IS AWESOME AND WORTHY OF PRAISE. {We} went this past weekend with my sister and her husband and my friend. I can not begin to describe the personal experience of being in a tent of 8,000 people praising and worshiping God. God truly inhabits the praises of His people. We watched as people came to the stage testifying of how God touched them right there in the service. The miracles were astounding!!!

One of the nights, {We} got to pray with a women seated behind us. Her name was Marci. Marci was in a wheelchair and wearing a brace that was supporting her spinal column because the cancerous tumors weren't responding to treatment. Not only did she have the tumor on her spine but one was growing on her stomach. I actually felt the tumor and it WAS about the size of a grapefruit. As we begin to pray she described feeling a warmth and tingling going all over her body. Within a few minutes the tumors were completely GONE!!!!! Marci took off her brace and stood to the floor A FREE WOMAN. We cried - we hugged and we celebrated HIS goodness together.

This is what I have longed for all my life. HIS word is TRUE. HE IS ALIVE and I am compelled to SHOW the world the good news of JESUS CHRIST. My passion and hunger for Him continues to grow.. .."

------------
Let me emphasize again, that the above is not one of those "know someone, who knows someone, whose third cousin said they heard about" kind of stories. These are the words of a faithful Christian lady I know, whose family I know, who attends our church and with whom I spoke this past Sunday. I heard her give this testimony in her own words.

May God receive all the glory for what he has done.

No comments:

Post a Comment