Sunday, November 25, 2012

No Expiration Date

"...I was not, and am not, immune to these toxic assumptions. It took the repeated defeats of my adult life for me to even begin to grasp the sustaining power of the good news, that God's grace doesn't expire after the first conversion or nervous breakdown. This is such good news! You see, along with the vast majority of professing Christians, I had reduced the gospel to what non-Christians must believe in order to be saved before moving into the deeper waters of sanctification. But suffering taught me that the only deeper waters are those of our own need: none of us ever grow to a place where we no longer require the 200-proff version of God's mercy and forgiveness." 
      - Tullian Tchvidjian, Glorious Ruin, page 164
Yes! Give me the old 200 proof version off the Gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment