Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Awaiting Heaven's Biscuits

Ten years ago today my grandmother, Norene Yeager Shirley, went to be with the Lord after 93 years on this earth. I'd give anything to be able to go back in time to hug her and tell her I love her. Wish I'd done that more often when I still had the chance. I'd live to just one more time be able to drive up the dirt road to the old farmhouse and see her standing on the porch with open arms welcoming me, with a lemon icebox pie waiting on the table ready to eat.

At the time of her death she was survived by 8 of her 9 children (two of them have since passed on) and by 29 grandchildren, 44 great-grandchildren and 2 great-great grandchildren. The number of her descendents has continued since then to grow exponentially! She left a tremendous inheritance of faith to her family. We all miss her and value her example and legacy.

Keep the biscuits warm in heaven's ovens, Mamma Shirley. We will be expecting a hot meal when we get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment