Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Remembering Keith Green

I remember the day.  I remember the shock.

Today, July 28th, marks the 28th anniversary of the tragic plane crash in 1982 that killed Christian singer/songwriter and evangelist, Keith Green. He was 28 years old, and had only been a Christian for about 7 years. Also killed in that crash were two of Keith’s children (Josiah & Bethany), the pilot, and an entire family of 8 (the Smalleys).

Colleen and I saw Keith perform at RFK Stadium during the Washington for Jesus rally in April, 1980.  Yes, he could be a little harsh and strident at times; he certainly pulled no punches. But his passion for the Gospel and love for Jesus were always clear and evident. I wonder what he would be like now had he lived?

He is still missed.

Some Links:
Last Days Ministries
Keith Green :: Desiring God:
Keith Green Anniversary of His Death - Vitamin Z
One Way.org - Keith tribute

2 comments:

  1. I was only four years old when Keith died, and I only started to learn about his music and message several years ago. But, he has made a big impact on my spiritual walk and I can't wait to meet him in heaven. I thank God for his life and what He did through Keith.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember at that concert it was raining so hard and at one point he stood up and said you won't believe this but there is not a key on this piano that is working right now - yet satan will not stop us from praising our Lord

    ReplyDelete