Monday, June 29, 2009

Prayer for Rain


Yesterday afternoon it rained at my house for about 15 minutes, after three weeks of temperatures in the high 90's without a drop of rain. It is amazing what just a little rain can do to a yard; our grass seemed to visibly perk up.

Lord, send your rain on the dry souls where the ground is hard and cracked. I include myself in that request. Let it rain, dear Lord, let it rain.


“Shower, O heavens, from above, and let the clouds rain down righteousness; let the earth open, that salvation and righteousness may bear fruit; let the earth cause them both to sprout; I the Lord have created it." (Is. 45:8 ESV)

1 comment:

  1. I believe that when the Lord gets ready to move, he sends rain to show us that he's moving. Elisha and Ahab etc........ Bring it Lord God, let it rain spiritually and physically.

    ReplyDelete