Saturday, January 17, 2009

Try Writing Prayers

Saw this post on Writing Prayers at The Blazing Center:
Want to add a new dimension to your prayer life? Want to be able to concentrate better and daydream less when praying? Consider writing out prayers as part of your devotional life....

I have found that writing prayers has a number of benefits: Writing helps me concentrate, focus and keep my mind from wandering. Writing slows me down and helps me quiet my heart before God. Writing also helps me keep from praying the same things every day.

When I write out prayers, then I have them to use again in the future. Often, reading a prayer I’ve written before helps me jumpstart my prayer time.

Also, writing out prayers helps me better remember specific things I want to thank God for or ask him for.

I think I'm going to try this. More to come (sample prayers) later.

No comments:

Post a Comment