Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Prayer for Our New President

Today at 12 noon Barack Obama becomes our new president. I did not vote for him, and do not support many of his professed political positions. Be that as it may, today he becomes my president.
First of all, then, I urge that supplications, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgivings be made for all people, for kings and all who are in high positions, that we may lead a peaceful and quiet life, godly and dignified in every way. This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth. 1 Timothy 2:1-4
I commit myself to pray for President Obama regularly according to 1 Timothy 2. I will also pray for his family , his vice-president, his cabinet leaders and his advisers.

I will always speak respectfully even if I must criticize him. This is the right thing to do out of respect for the office he holds. It is also right because it is just right. No one should treat President Obama with the same kind of disrespect that President Bush has so often been subjected to.

Let us pray for our new leader. God be with him, protect him, strengthen him, and give him great wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment