Monday, January 19, 2009

I Shock Angels

I must confess that I frequently shock the angels. How do I do this? The Blazing Center quotes Jeremiah as follows:

Be appalled, O heavens [angels], at this;be shocked, be utterly desolate,declares the Lord,for my people have committed two evils:they have forsaken me,the fountain of living waters,and hewed out cisterns for themselves,broken cisterns that can hold no water. JE 2.12-13

Thus every time I (or you) seek fulfillment in anything other than Jesus, the watching angels are appalled and astounded. Sorry fellows, but you should already know that I am a sinner who needs his Savior every single day.

The above referenced post goes on to quote these amazing but true words from C.S. Lewis:
We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.” - C.S. Lewis

May the Lord deliver me from being too easily pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment