Friday, May 30, 2008

Joining the C.I.A.

Michael Spencer invites us all to join the CIA at C.I.A.: The Jesus Shaped Method « Jesus Shaped Spirituality. He uses the letters as a anagram to describe "Jesus Shaped Spirituality", as follows:
Connection: How does this connect to Jesus? Incarnational and historical, then in all of scripture?

Imitation: In what way is it possible to imitate Jesus (given all the relevant variables)?

Application: How can this be applied in a Jesus connected, Jesus imitating way in the present?
For someone with my warped sense of humor, the jokes just write themselves. Does this mean all Jesus' followers are now secret agents - Code name 777? Is the communion wine now shaken, not stirred? How would 24's Jack Bauer handle a false prophet? Instead of the Man from UNCLE do we have the Man from Father? (If you got that last one you're showing your age - like me).

But putting the jokes aside, he has some very good points. I'll join the CIA if it will help me be more like Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment