Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Christophobic Chicken Wars

The parking lot at my local Chick-Fil-A was full to overflowing this morning. I plan to eat their chicken later today. What do you think about the whole Gay marriage vs chicken controversy? The comment below is from Trevin Wax:
If you’re like me, you’re weary of the excessive politicization of nearly everything in American culture.

Can’t we just enjoy Oreo cookies without making a statement about gay rights? Or savor a chicken sandwich without fear of being labeled a hater or homophobe?

Though I’m weary of our culture’s tendency to politicize everything, I believe this Chick-fil-A boycott has revealed some fault lines in our culture that will lead to increasing pressure upon Christians who uphold the sexual ethic described in the New Testament. Furthermore, in listening to the mayors of Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco, it’s clear to me that – political posturing aside – this discussion may not be about the alleged homophobia of Chick-fil-A’s president but the actual Christophobia of the leaders of the cultural elite....
Very interesting. Read it all at the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment