Sunday, May 13, 2012

Remember Those Who Hurt on Mother's Day

Today is "Mother's Day" in the USA. I will be honoring my mother (mother of three), my wife (mother of two) and my daughter (mother of one). However, Mother's Day is also a good time to remember those for whom Mother's Day is not always a pleasant event.
  • Remember those who have lost their mothers, especially those whose loss is recent.
  • Remember those who want to be mothers so much, but have been unable to conceive.
  • Remember the mothers who have lost children and continue to grieve.
  • Remember those whose mothers were abusive, controlling or distant, and for whom this day brings some bad memories.

May the grace of the Lord be with all who celebrate today, as well as with those who mourn and grieve.

This is also a good day to remember the One who has promised "...as one who his mother comforts, so will I comfort you." (Isaiah 66:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment