Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Suffering of the Son of Hamas

I wrote a while ago about the new book Son of Hamas, written by Mosab Hassan Yousef, and co-written with Ron Brackin, an old friend of mine.  Mosab is the son of one of the founders of the Palestinian terrorist group, Hamas, who converted to Christ and helped Israeli intelligence stop several terror attacks.  Now Mosab has begun blogging about the book and his life. This is heart wrenching!
So what have I gotten out of writing a bestseller?

The U.S. government has rejected my plea for political asylum, saying that I was connected with a terrorist organization, even though I was never a member of Hamas. I can never become a citizen, and if I leave the country, I cannot return.

Because I became a Christian and helped to save Israeli and Palestinian lives, I am condemned to death by the Qur’an and its god, making it the duty of every good Muslim to kill me.

By going public, I put the lives of my mother, brothers and sisters at extreme risk. They still live in the West Bank, which is ruled by the Fatah faction of the PLO. Fatah hates Hamas because it killed many of its members in Gaza after the 2007 elections. What if Fatah members, afraid that I will reveal more secrets about them, go out of control and start shooting at my parents’ house?

Even Christians in the Middle East are tainted because of me. Now, every Muslim will accuse them of collaborating with Israel, threatening their lives.
We need to be praying for the safety of this brother, and for his family and the witness of his book to the Muslim world.  And what is the matter with our government and not giving him asylum!

Some related links:

Interview in GQ Magazine
Book Review by Tim Challies
Wall Street Journal  Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment