Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Veterans Day Salute


Today is Veterans Day in the USA. November 11 was originally called Armistice Day, in memory of the end of World War I. It is now called Veterans Day in honor of all military veterans.

I wish to make special recognition today for and to:

1. My Dad (retired Air Force Colonel), my late Grandfather (Mississippi National Guard in WWI in France), my late Uncle Franklin (Navy Sea Bee in WWII), Uncle Charles (Air Force), Uncle Hal (Army National Guard), Brother-in-law Gary (Army), nephew Dale (82nd Airborne), and any other family members I'm forgetting.

2. All our men and women serving and protecting us on the front lines of Iraq and Afghanistan, and many other places around the world.

3. All current and retired American veterans.

4. The families of the victims of the Fort Hood shootings.

God bless the USA!

No comments:

Post a Comment