Thursday, November 5, 2009

Keller Does Spiritual Surgery with "Counterfeit Gods"

I finally finished Tim Keller's new book Counterfeit Gods. I can accurately say that the book fulfilled all my expectations- and my expectations were high!

Tullian Tchividjian at On Earth as it is in Heaven quotes the following comments on the book from David Garner, Associate Professor of Systematic Theology at Westminster Theological Seminary. I agree wholeheartedly with these comments.

"Combining biblical theology with experienced surgery on the soul over the years in modern Manhattan, Pastor Tim Keller performs an M.R.I. of our hearts and graphically exposes its results… Read this volume, but only if you dare submit your heart to the surgical probe of the Gospel… And like any good surgeon, Keller doesn’t leave us merely exposed, but compellingly points us to the cure: the One exposed, ravaged, ruined and resurrected for us. "
Read this book! It may hurt some during the spiritual surgery, but you will not regret it in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment