Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Preaching Solomon

Mark Driscoll at Mars Hill Church in Seattle is currently preaching a sermon series from The Song of Solomon entitled "The Peasant Princess." All of their messages are available for free viewing, listening or download at their website. I am really looking forward to listening to these messages. I don't think I've ever heard a single good sermon from The Song, much less a whole series. I will be very interested to hear how he navigates the shoals and rough water between the allegorical and erotic content of The Song. I expect this to be a learning experience for all of us who desire to preach the Word of God accurately and persuasively.

Apparently, Mark asked his wife, Grace, to help him this coming Sunday in answering questions from his congregation on marriage and sex in light of the teaching of this book. Leading up to that event, he published a really sweet tribute to his wife - 20 years of Grace. Grace Driscoll stays in the background - I don't think I've even seen a picture of her until now. But, as is true for most good preachers, she is a major source of inspiration for him and essential for his success.

Congratulations to the Driscolls. I look forward to listening to these messages.

No comments:

Post a Comment