Grace is the end of all posturing and pretending.
- Because of grace, I no longer have to pretend to be someone different than I am. Grace meets me right where I am.
- Because of grace, I don’t have to measure up, because I couldn’t anyway. Jesus has measured up on my behalf, and it is enough.
- Because of grace, I can accept the harshest criticism, knowing that even worse is true of me than they know, but it’s all been dealt with by Jesus.
- Because of grace, I can be free from needing the approval of others, knowing that I already have the only approval that really matters.
- Because of grace, I can lean into honest relationships with others, knowing that I don’t have to fear being exposed when I’m dressed in the righteousness of Christ.