Friday, June 21, 2013

The Loudness of Soul That Deafens

Below is an excerpt from a poem entitled Trial's Cry by Sheryl Fowler, based on Job 29:2  -“Oh, that I were as in the months of old, as in the days when God watched over me."


Oh, how we long for yesterday, when in the midst of the test
and Trial; we cry for the days of yore
If we could only go back to when the Lord was close, the
tears were dry, and the pain was no more
The test is a desert so hot and dry, loneliness is our companion
and a stillness of the hovering heavens
It’s a place where we come face to face with our inner being, a
loudness of our own soul that deafens…

Please read the rest at the link. Her phrase "a loudness of our own soul that deafens" haunts me. I'm currently going through something - a searching of my heart and soul over the need for quietness and silence to be able to hear the voice of God more clearly.

My world is loud - and it is mostly my fault. The noise of radio, TV and music, and the silent noise of on-line connectivity, is overwhelming. 

Help me, Lord, to learn quietness so that I can listen and hear.

2 comments:

  1. Love it. quiet time is essential to our walk with God. Thanks for sharing this... I really dig your blog overall. I maintain a blog about faith and family issues.... check it out sometime if you get a moment.
    http://themeaningofrepentance.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Ray. I will check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete