- I will tame my tongue. When it comes to my wife, I need to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to anger.
- I will talk to my wife the way I would if a special and important person were visiting my home.
- I will always be upbeat and positive in my interactions with my wife. I am not called to critique her. I am called to love and accept her.
- I won’t use my words to try to take from her. I will just give and bless, thinking about what she needs, not what I need.
- I will strive to serve my wife every day.
- I will win my wife’s heart so she, in turn, will want to be mine.
- Just as divorce is not an option with me, I want that same reality to be true for negativity or harshness with my wife. It is not an option for me to be harsh with my wife. Not under any circumstance. Ever.
- I will sow seeds of righteousness by consistently committing to walk with the Lord. God will give me the power to bear this fruit and love my wife wholeheartedly.
Friday, June 28, 2013
Resolutions for Christian Husbands
Matt Carter and Colt McCoy in The Real Win: A Man’s Quest for Authentic Success:
Hat Tip: Kingdom People