Am I trying to do self-identity or am I finding identity in Christ? Or, Am I looking for approval from others through my words or approval from God through his gospel word?
The gospel of Jesus says that Jesus recreates me in the image of God and Jesus is recreating the world. God’s kingdom is extended as his word is proclaimed.Tim used the British spelling "centre", but I still get his point. I'm not the center, Jesus is the center. It's less about bringing God down into my story; It's about bringing me up into His story. Amen to all that!
It is these truths that enable me to be truly human, fit for the purpose for which I was created. And this is what liberates me from self-obsession to enjoy the goodness and grace of God. Knowing the real God is better than Facebook.
- Jesus recreates me – not me
- Jesus recreate me in God’s image – not my image
- Jesus recreates the world – not me
- Jesus recreates God’s world – not my world
- Jesus creates God’s world with God at the centre – not me at the centre
- What creates and recreates are God’s word – not my words