Friday, January 15, 2010

A Full, Quick, Exact Man

“Reading maketh a full man; speaking maketh a quick man; writing maketh an exact man.”
- Francis Bacon

(Hat tip: A Full, Quick, Exact Man – Pure Church by Thabiti Anyabwile)

I read a lot. I guess that makes me full. I sometimes get to speak. I guess that makes me quick. But I do not write very much. Guess I'm not very exact.

This blog has mostly been a place to capture quotes and excerpts from my reading, with occasional short commentary from yours truly. Yes, I have written a few original pieces, but not that many. I seem to avoid writing for two reasons. First, from sheer laziness. Second, from fear of not doing a good enough job.

Now I am increasingly conscious of a call to write more. I have been resisting that call. Pray that I will be able to give in and make the effort, even if the results are not perfect.

Maybe in the process I will become more "exact."

No comments:

Post a Comment