Sunday, October 2, 2011

What Religion Cannot Do

"The gospel is able to do produce in our hearts what religion never could: a desire for God."
This quote is from a great piece by J.D. Greear at the Resurgence. He goes on to say:
“ 'Rediscovering' the Gospel has given me a joy in God I never experienced in all my years of fervent religion. Now I sense, almost daily, a love for God replacing my love for myself. The jealously that once consumed my heart is being replaced by a desire to see others prosper. I feel selfishness giving way to tenderness and generosity. My cravings for the lusts of the flesh are being replaced by a craving for righteousness, and my self-centered dreams are being replaced by God-glorifying ambitions. A power is surging in me that is changing me and pushing me out into the world to leverage my life for the Kingdom of God."
Good stuff! Much more at the link.

How the Gospel Does What Religion Cannot | The Resurgence:

No comments:

Post a Comment