As you shop for family, friends, and neighbors, I would urge you to consider giving a book as at least part of your gift. Here are some reasons why:
1. Good books tend to be gifts that last a long time. People don't throw away good books. They pass them on to their children, grandchildren, and church libraries. Sweaters, ties, and fruitcakes are relatively short-lived.
2. Good books are used by God to change people's lives. I have never heard of someone's life being changed by an ornament, an atomic clock, or a gift card to the
3. Think of the cumulative effect of giving books for presents. If you give a certain person a book every year for 50 years, you help them build a library.
4. Good books communicate care for a person. In giving someone a book you like, you are communicating something of how that book has helped you.
5. Good books tend to open conversations about spiritual things easily.
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Giving Books for Christmas
5 Reasons to Give Books for Christmas: