David Jones of Southeastern Seminary (who co-authored with Russell Woodbridge Health, Wealth, and Happiness: Has the Prosperity Gospel Overshadowed the Gospel of Christ? has a helpful summary on five doctrines the prosperity gospel teachers erroneously advance.
Here’s an outline:
1. The Abrahamic covenant is a means to material entitlement.
2. Jesus’ atonement extends to the “sin” of material poverty.
3. Christians give in order to gain material compensation from God.
4. Faith is a self-generated spiritual force that leads to prosperity.
5. Prayer is a tool to force God to grant prosperity.
Read the whole thing here for a brief analysis of each doctrine with quotations from the advocates.