- He was one of the greatest missionaries who ever lived.
- He considered himself “a sinner, a most simple countryman, the least of all the faithful, and most contemptible too many.”
- He was actually more of a blue man (not sad, but the color), than a green one.
- As a teenager, he was stolen from his home and sold into slavery for six years in Ireland. He would later return to preach the gospel there.
- Satan attacked him violently in his sleep to the point where he couldn’t move.
- Legend has it that he contextualized and used shamrocks (an already-sacred symbol in Ireland) to teach people about the Trinity.
- He begged God to grant him to die a martyr’s death, even if it meant being torn limb from limb by dogs or pecked to death by birds. (Maybe St. Patrick inspired Alfred Hitchcock?)
Sunday, March 17, 2013
About St Patrick...
Seven things you might not know about St Patrick (that have nothing to do with beer).