Thursday, August 7, 2008

Another Lakeland Report

The "Heat and Light" blogger visited the Lakeland Revival and reports his experience at The Lakeland “Outpouring”: I have gone, and these are my thoughts Excerpt below:
Then came the prayer time. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover that - at least on the nights I attended - though Todd Bentley was present and involved, it was clearly NOT the ‘Todd Bentley show’, as I had originally feared. Maybe in that way that cameras of GodTV have actually misrepresented Lakeland, since he is so captivating - he has such a strong presence. The stage was filled with various volunteers and pastors ministering, speaking, and praying - there was a significant team actively involved, and most of the time I was barely even aware of Bentley. I was very blessed that even the most extreme cases were welcomed to the stage for prayer, and when some of these individuals stood there in need for a touch from God, my heart broke, and I have not petitioned God with such passion in very long-time. I was face-to-face with a Holy, and powerful God, begging Him to intercede - to show His power, and in such an atmosphere of faith it was not hard to be convinced that God can do whatever He wills. Tears well up in my eyes even thinking about it.
-----------------------------
.....Personally, I am glad I went. You can proceed to pick your jaw up off the floor now.

Though I still don’t think it’s necessarily Scriptural to chase revivals, I will be praying for Todd more, and criticizing Him far less from now on.
We'd all do better with more prayer and less criticism.

No comments:

Post a Comment