Sunday, April 12, 2015

A Prayer For Forgiveness

Jesus, forgive my sins.
Forgive the sins that I can remember, and also
    the sins I have forgotten. 
Forgive the wrong actions I have committed,
    and the right actions I have omitted. 
Forgive the times I have been weak in the face
    of temptation, and those when I have been
    stubborn in the face of correction. 
Forgive the times I have been proud of my 
    own achievements, and those when I have
    failed to boast of your works. 
Forgive the harsh judgments I have made of
    others, and the leniency I have shown to
    myself. 
Forgive the lies I have told to others, and the
    truths I have avoided. 
Forgive me of the pain I have caused others,
    and the indulgence I have shown to myself.
Jesus have pity on me, and make me whole.

Anonymous Early Irish Prayer

From The Path of Celtic Prayer: An Ancient Way of Everyday Joy by Calvin Miller



No comments:

Post a Comment