Friday, March 20, 2015

Encircled

Jesu! Only- begotten Son and Lamb of God the
    Father,
Thou didst give the wine- blood of Thy body
    to buy me from the grave.
My Christ! my Christ! my shield, my encircler,
Each day, each night, each light, each dark;
My Christ! my Christ! my Shield, my encircler,
Each day, each night, each light, each dark.
Be near me, uphold me, my treasure, my
    triumph,
In my lying, in my standing, in my watching,
    in my sleeping,
Jesu, Son of Mary! my helper, my encircler,
Jesu, Son of David! my strength everlasting;
Jesu, Son of Mary! my helper, my encircler,
Jesu, Son of David! my strength everlasting.

- A Prayer of St. Brendan the Navigator

From The Path of Celtic Prayer: An Ancient Way to Everyday Joy by Calvin Miller





No comments:

Post a Comment