Thursday, September 5, 2013

Face Time

"Adam worked the Garden of Eden. Before he sinned and something broke in side him, I think he probably really enjoyed the garden. I don't think he used it to try and make himself more attractive to Eve. I don't think he neglected his marriage so he could work longer hours, clear more land, have a bigger and better garden to capture more market share. I see him in my minds eye working the garden until he hear the rustling in the trees and realized the Lord had come to check on him. I think he dropped the hoe and looked into the face of God, and it was that face that filled him to overflowing. We were not made to gain value from our work; we were made for the Face."

       - Joe Coffey in Red Like Blood: Confrontations With Grace, pages 118-119

No comments:

Post a Comment