Friday, November 18, 2011

More Than 18 Dollars? Priceless!

Perry Noble posted a cute story of telling his 3 year old that he loved her more than she could imagine. She responds, “Do You Love Me More Than 18 Dollars?” Apparantly, that was the biggest number a 3 year old could imagine. He assured her he loved her more than even $18! He goes on the say:
When I left her room, laughing at how “cute” that moment was, I felt the Lord move in my heart and show me that trying to comprehend his love for me is like Charisse trying to comprehend my love for her; my mind could never conceive it! (Ephesians 3:17-19). God loves his children, not based on their performance, but rather as their position as his children.
If you belong to Jesus, God’s love for you is more powerful than the sin that seems to haunt you:
  • God loves you even though you are wrestling through an addiction
  • God loves you despite the abortion
  • God loves you even though the divorce was finalized
  • God loves you even though you can’t stop thinking about your past
  • God loves you even though you rejected his love and sought to be religious to gain his approval
  • God loves you even though you turned your back on him and ran as hard as you could
He loves you because you are his child (Romans 8:38-39) and the love he has for us is greater than anything we could imagine or fathom. When we try to describe his love we wind up saying really silly things like, “God, do you love me more than $18?” To which he replies, I love you more than you could ever imagine.
If you belong to Jesus, God’s love for you is more powerful than the sin that seems to haunt you.
Truth! Hard to believe at times - but so true.

From Do You Love Me More Than 18 Dollars? | The Resurgence:

No comments:

Post a Comment