Saturday, May 31, 2008

Lakeland: Preach More Jesus!

Heat and Light blog has some good advice for the leaders of the Lakeland Renewal at Lakeland: current thoughts
If I had one last request it would be this: TEACH JESUS. Thank you for mentioning Jesus more, and angels less (though, in an off-handed way, which I assumed Todd didn’t even realize, he did mention Jesus even more than he knows: in the Old Testament “the Angel of the Lord” IS the pre-incarnate Christ, since He is the only angel which receives worship without rebuking), however - as I mentioned before - if I were a non-believer watching I would have no idea, in reality, who this Jesus was. He could have been merely a miracle worker for all I know. Take time to teach Jesus - explain the Gospel more often, even if in simple terms. Acknowledge the indwelling problem of sin, and show how Jesus is the answer to that, Then the real miracles which may take place will have a larger context: they will make sense in the resurrected life of Jesus working through His Spirit in the church. That would be good news, indeed.

2 comments:

  1. Please see "A Call for Discernment" by going to http://www.justinpeters.org. Justin is an evangelist from Vicksberg, MS and in addition to expository preaching, also holds seminars on the "Word of Faith" movement. He has cerebral palsy and concurs with the apostle Paul, "My grace is sufficient for thee."

    To God be the glory!

    Caron Strong
    Los Angeles, CA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caron, thanks for reading my blog and posting a comment. Glad to hear about someone else in Mississippi ministering on the Internet, whether I agree with them or not.

    I hope you took time to read my blog posts in context, and did not just mass comment to anyone talking about the Lakeland renewal. If you want to interact about my views - come on back anytime.

    ReplyDelete